All 13 art Reviews

Outside Aristocracy Outside Aristocracy

I agree with what you say about the rectangle shape; not a whole lot of interesting stuff about rectangles.I love the effect that it gives off though, like it's being stretched through space.

reaper of the round table reaper of the round table

title

Nothing too visually impressive, lacks colors, ink, etc, but putting that aside, the anatomy is off; his hands are backwards, given the flow of the robe, you should see some legs, the scythe's bottom makes it look bent.

The lines are relatively clean, so thats nice, and the length of the arms seem right.
Keep practicing, thought, it can only help :)

binkyboy responds:

the hands arnt backwards grab your broom and hold it like he did youll be able to do it, and use your imagination he is technecly a reaper he has no need for the legs you speek of

Cityscape Cityscape

Great Composition

This shows great knowledge of art... Amazing composition, nice use of colors... How bout you make something thats not frontpaged?

Vonschlippe responds:

Aww shucks, I intended to do it every week! Kiddin', thanks for the compliments!

Nike The Roman God of Strength Nike The Roman God of Strength

Why is this so much better than your other art?

It seems quite strange, this is a ton better than the jack in the box and the gun and rose. Sets off a warning flag.

FlexoPrego responds:

Dude the othher ones were free hands and were just thrown together this one i actually worked on during my sketch class last year freshmen in college

Monochrome Madmen Monochrome Madmen

Quality over quantity

I don't know if you've seen this as well, but it seems that all your faces have the exact same look to them. They all have the same forehead, mouth, and nose. The only thing that differs with them is either their hair or glasses, or minute details. You won't be able to improve until you get out of your comfort zone, and get rid of these formulaic drawings.

JackDCurleo responds:

not ALL of my faces use the forehead chin formula, just the people whose faces are supposed to have the forehead chin structure have the face like that. If you honestly think that this is how I draw every face then you haven't looked through much of my stuff.

Masa Masa

Smooth line..

The eyes look just a tad big, but other than that, the coloring is really nice, the only problem I have with that is that with the cool background, it feels like some colors should be less warm, or even muted. Nice overall, though.

#25272D #25272D

you must enter a summary for your review

This is what I'm jealous of, the ability to do and express so much while doing so little. Pretty cool effect that ms paint gave it, with all the pixels and what-not, and Im jellyous of your imagination, too. Great.

Kayu night gown Old Kayu night gown Old

Not bad...

Could use a little work, though... The colouring seems a bit rushed, and those three tips at the top of the ears look a bit strange. The arms also seem a bit long, but overall, pretty good.

Ravvij the Scarecrow Ravvij the Scarecrow

Anatomy.

It seems to me that you try to hard to get little details down you jump right past the basics. For instance, it looks like the tears in his shirt and the buckles on his boot took longer than the actual character design. His posture also looks very unnatural.

Your getting there, though.

Innocent Curiosity Innocent Curiosity

Nicely executed.

Normally, Im not a big fan of anime, but your's seems to have a nice style to it. The shading is nice, the pose and action is nice, and it's simplicity matches the character very well. Nicely done.